Workplace Benefits for Employers for their Employees
To be successful in life I believe that we need to start with a solid foundation which includes financial wellness, self-care, a vision and a plan to get there.
Being a Financial Advisor now for 27+ years I’m very familiar how (for too many), money worries are the greatest source of stress, more than work, personal health, and relationships.
- Research shows that 48% of people say they’ve lost sleep because of financial worries.
- 44% say it would be difficult to meet their financial obligations if their pay is late, in other words some are one paycheck away from losing everything. It’s scary, but it doesn’t have to be.
Most were not taught the basics of money management growing up (including me).
Some of the causes of financial stress, include:
- Managing household expenses
- Dealing with high levels of debt
- Living pay cheque to pay cheque
- Struggling to save money for short and long-term goals
- Dealing with unexpected expenses
If you feel this way, remember you’re not alone. Financial stress affects people of all income levels and age groups.
Did you know that the impact of financial stress on your physical and mental health?
If you are dealing with financial stress, you are:
- Twice as likely to report poor overall health
- Four times as likely to suffer from sleep problems, headaches and other illnesses
- More likely to experience strain in your personal relationships
Financial stress can also lead to more serious health problems, such as:
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Mental health conditions such as depression and anxiety
Financial stress doesn’t only affect you personally.
Almost half of working Canadians admit that stress related to personal finances has had an impact on their performance at work.
If you are a business owner there are many reasons to set up a benefits program for your employees – but the main one is really simple – it’s a good thing to do for your workers!
I think most companies goals are to make sure that they are taking care of the other aspects of their employee’s lives – things that they cannot do just by paying their salary, but being able to make sure that they could help their employees if they become disabled for some reason or their families were taken care of.
Plans can include extended health and dental, long and short-term disability and life insurance. They can be custom built to the employers and employees needs. The employers can pay as little as 50% of the premiums and the employee covers the rest to some employers covering 100% of the cost.
I offer solutions to businesses to cover these needs.
But what sets me apart is I also answer the call to your employees
‘Wealth and Mental (Mindset) Benefits’
One of the main distractions in people’s lives is money worries. When people are worrying about money it can be all-consuming and it effects their work.
Working with you the employer, we help your employees build a bridge between now and a better future.
Having a solid foundation to build their dreams on is priceless. Without a plan, they build their future on a rocky foundation that can get toppled very easily. They also need to have goals and dreams – they become the bridge to their future and now their employment is not just another ‘dead end job’, but an opportunity to help them get to where they want to go.
Having goals and dreams drive us, inspire us, and motivate us.
I help your employees get beyond the quiet desperation of survival by teaching them the basics of planning and dreaming again. (Or maybe for the first time!)
I see people all the time stop dreaming because they get caught in the hustle of surviving – and little by little the passion and energy begins to disappear from their lives.
Most happy people I meet are not getting up in the morning and saying, “Yippee – I get to pay my pay my bills!”
My objective is to connect your employees daily work and their dreams for their future and put a plan in place to achieve them.
Benefit for you the employer:
– you are helping your employees unleash an energy that will transform your business.
– will tame turnover problems and create teamwork. (They support each other in their goals)
– creates loyalty
Very few other job helps them achieve their goals. You are different. You’re making your employees your first customers, and your most important customers.
My role as the ‘Dream Manager’?
– help your employees articulate their dreams
– assist them in formulating a plan for the achievement of short-term, medium-term, and long-term goals.
– set up a budget for planned spending and saving
– to create a plan that is manageable and measurable (but at the same time it needs to stretch them)
Most of us spend our lives working, so we should enjoy it – or at the very least know that it is moving us in the direction of our dreams.
I believe that we all need to feel that we have meaningful work and a sense that we’re progressing and advancing in our lives… with the belief that we’re moving toward the fulfillment of our dreams.
This is life changing for the employees because what I know for sure is that most people don’t fail to plan – they fail because they don’t know how to succeed.